Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hey...sorry I didnt get to post yesterday

It was a long day. We started at 9am and didnt leave the hospital until 1200ish today. Todd and the girls just got here and I got to get a shower.
Low down on what went on.....lets see. They took Tucker back about 1030, MRI was done first, then echocardiogram then the heart cath. They finished about 600pm. Tucker did great. He was awake when I got back to recovery and he held on to my neck for dear life. The rest of the night I was stuck in his crib with him, making sure he laid flat for 6 hours. We had some apple juice and dozed in and out with tylenol on board. They had to, while in doing the cath, put in what they call coils....this is something they do to stop blood from flowing from one place to the other that should not be flowing. Like a river and a beaver making a dam. He had, hold your breathe, 14 of them!!! So we are to watch very closely the groin sites that they used for the access and for fever that might come from the coils being placed. Amazing, they did the coils through the cath, through the veins.... AMAZING stuff.
SO, I didnt get to see anyone last night about results and am still a little fuzzy yet today on what the plan is. Del Nido was called into emergency surgery last night so he didnt look at Tuckers case at all...and today he is in surgery so we are to be back at the hospital to meet him at 3pm. His collegue came in and talked to me about the results and said that she is pretty sure the bi vent repair will be done but Tuckers anatomy is a little different in the fact that his something flows into the right side instead of the left or maybe it was visa versa...(the recorder isnt working the way it should and I was just waiting to hear the YES...perfect fit, best option....stuff and didnt really get that.) Again, Del Nido is the MAN...the one with the answers. We are scheduled as first case tomorrow but since Del Nido was in surgery yesterday, emergency, some of the cases were canceld and might put us back to Friday for surgery. They are thinking since we are out of towners that they will do us as scheduled and reschedule those in towners for another day....
SOOO...i will post again tonight after we meet Del nido and get all the ins and outs of what to expect and what can be and will be done.
I am taking my cell phone charger with me to the hospital this time, so i can charge it anytime. (and Kim told me to do that and I spaced it off..) Learned the hard way.


kimk said...

whew...always a whirl wind! Never as we plan, but what God had planned right!
Im glad Todd and the girls are there and the whole family is together!!
So I wont bug you today!!! I will wait patiently until you tell me what del Nido has to say...but as soon as you have a little time, I will have my phone charged and ready to accept a text form you!!!
many, hugs and prayers and I BELIEVE!!!!

Michele Hoenig said...

I'm glad to hear that your family is with you now! Hope their T ride was easy! It's good to know you have extra people around you to help out. That's a lot for one person to handle. Please call me if you need company or need anything while you are here. Tucker has been in my prayers all week...and I have a network of family and friends praying for him as well. He is the sweetest thing!

Best, Michele Hoenig

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Hang in there. I am sure all is a whirlwind right now. Stay on track with those docs, have your questions answered, ok. Nothing starts until you say so. Ask questions and make them explain what's happening.
Call me when you can, or text or whatever. You know the drill. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

We love you guys... Hang in there and all our hopes and prayers are with you. If you need anything at all let us know. I will have a prayer chain started at our church for the surgery and I know it is going to be a huge success!
Gary and Krissa
(Taylor Logan and Allie too!)