Friday, April 24, 2009

Hey everyone...Karen here

OK. So Tuck is still pretty out of it. They are keeping the pain med on board to ensure he doesnt get overly cranky. He hasnt taken much to drink as of yet....small sips and not one wet diaper. We could go home, however...I was informed that "NO he cant go home, he has Down Syndrome"....his throat might swell from the surgery. Tell me exactly what that is supposed to mean? That typical kids throats dont swell after a tonsil surgery? That, because my son has Down Syndrome, we GET to stay in the hospital, in case?

Whatever the reason, that is fine with me. I will take the added care for the evening. The extra eyes. I was planning an overnight anyway. It just struck me odd that because he had DS he would not be allowed to go home yet......HMMMMM. I guess that means because we have DS we dont have to pay for the night either right? OH, probably doesnt work that way huh?

Anyway. We are still in the PICU. There are no empty beds on the floor so we are just waiting for one to empty. I did get to meet Zach and Candi today. Zach is a pistol I think, even stuck to his bed he is rolling his eyes at his mom. (He sure has his her wrapped around his finger.)

Thank you Kim for the dinner and gift, also Ms Katy for coming by to see us. Also to Grandma T and Kathy for coming by and hanging out. Also a thank you to everyone who has given us time out of your day with prayers for Tucker. (Thanks Alisha for updating for me)

4 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Glad to see things are still well. Cranky and fighting is kind of a good thing. The whole staying overnight because of DS is a little ridiculous if you ask me. Even if his anatomy is a little different, they could have used better words.

I'll call tmrw morning. Let me know if you need anything.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am so glad that things went well.

It is such a small world. I actually met Candi and Zachary while the boys were in the NICU. Zachary was across the hall from Kaden and Candi and I were at the RMH together. We got pretty close while we were there.

I hope things continue to go well and that you will be home tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Karen! Regardless of the wording, I think it's good that CMH wants to keep an extra eye on Tucker. Did Kris bring you the meal voucher check from DSG? Let me know if you are still in on Monday (gosh I hope not) for some reason. If you are, I will stop by to visit.

Amy Allison
Executive Director
Down Syndrome Guild

Zachery&Allie*Mommy said...

hey Karen, well i went to find you guys this morning and you were gone, I still have your DVD?? Just let me know what you want me to do to get it back to you. Is Tucker feeling better today?? Zachery is doing great, I took him off oxygen today got him out of bed and went for a wagon ride, he was so happy, we are eating slowly and although his picc went bad this morning, the repaired it, were off all I.V fluids and no more pain button just meds through tube so were going in the right direction, so just call and let me know something it was great to meet you and your family, Tucker is a handsome little man!!! talk to you soon