Saturday, April 25, 2009


We got released today...early this morning. It was kinda spur of the moment but then they just kept him last night for observation (because of the Down Syndrome ya know...whatever) Anyway, he was pretty miserable when we left. But has come right back to watching Jack and being his demanding self. We have drank more than we did in the hospital and have some Tylenol on board every 4 hours. They gave us some stronger stuff but I don't want to use it if we don't have to, so we will save it for nighttime only. He actually ate some under cooked pizza today after nap and pain medicine. We are to watch for bright red blood, nothing so far. Tomorrow I can give bath and take the dressing off his belly. He is to stay home for 7 days, or until no pain medicine is needed at all. Then his diet is to stay soft for 2 weeks, then we should have our follow up appointment.

We are glad to be home. It is so much nicer feeling bad at home then feeling bad in a place where they poke and wake you up..making the patient even more upset. The best thing about this visit....we didn't have to be put on oxygen at any point.!!!! BIG STEP. We were satting (our O2 that is) was 79 at one point and hung 78-75 usually. Nights were about 73 with the occasional desat to 68 or so. That is should be able to stay in the 70's after the swelling goes down in Tuckers throat...even his little face is swollen on the sides today.

His ears have blood in them....dried but none the less. I am going to wait, we aren't taking him anywhere for at least 5-7 days, to mess with getting them cleaned out. The doctor said there was no fluid on them at the time she put them in but went ahead and did it. I guess they will hurt possibly, if that happens we are try to get him to yawn--to make them fill the tubes with the fluid in the ears. Like on a airplane when your ears need to pop...same thing. (I guess anyway) So I have to watch for him to be pulling on them, then try to get him to pop his ears....HMMMM, all I can think of is yawning and hoping it catches on, maybe chewing on something too.

So, we are home. I am beat and have a headache but again GLAD TO BE HOME. I can deal with all the other stuff. Tucker has assumed his position in the living room with the TV, glass full beside him with an occasional dance move in between resting his head again.

Thank you everyone for kind words, prayers, and phone calls.

1 comment:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

So glad you all made it home! I hope Tucker feels better very soon and his recovery fly's by!