Saturday, April 04, 2009

HELP.....

I did an oops a few weekends ago. I WAXED my hardwood floor and now I have a mess on my hands. I used murphy's oil soap on it today, as I usually do, and now I have a floor that is cloudy and has a film all over it. I have never waxed my hardwoods, I dont know what I was thinking. Now my floors look TERRIBLE. Any suggestions? The floor people are saying I might need to SAND AND REFINISH THEM AGAIN!!! UGH. That isnt going to happen any time soon....but the way they look are driving me crazy. I keep going over them with a damp mop, trying to get the film to go away and it only makes it worse. I will not be able to handle seeing these floors like this every day.....any suggestions? Rather something that will work on fixing it besides sanding them? I need something that is tried /tested/and true to work. They are true hardwoods not laminate......HELP PLEASE....

4 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Oh man, hope someone has some ideas! GOod luck!

Andrea said...

My husband and his best friend are here. They both worked in the flooring department for our local Lowes for years. Unfortunately.. I don't have good news..

You should never wax a hard wood floor. You should always poly it. Poly doesn't last as long (5-10 years) but it doesn't cloud (like yours did)

And their recommendation? Sand it and refinish.

I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

You might try some Orange Glo hardwood floor cleaner. We used it when we pulled up the carpet @my Grandma's house when we were going to sell. It was presentable - not like sanding and refinishing, but maybe enough to look decent until you can. ???? Good luck!

Steph and Christopher in IL

kimk said...

Take a deep breath....come to my house and see my scratched, occiationaly sticky, non shiney, hard wood floors, laugh at me, or point your finger in shame at me, then go home and feel better at your floors!