Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today I am thankful for many things. I am especially grateful for my son who sits behind me in the van in the mornings and bounces his legs to the beat of the music; who uses his words to tell me to turn it “UP” while he eats his bagel on the way to daycare.
These are little things that when I learned he would be born with Down syndrome and a heart condition I thought I would never get to enjoy. All of which is a miracle.

Break it all down, he can hear (bounces his legs), he can communicate (UP) and he is eating by mouth (no GTUBE feeds). All these things most take for granted each and every day.

My cup is full….Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

All great things to be Thankful for! We hope you all have a great Holiday.

BTW-
Izabel's' surgeon called this morning and wanted to schedule her for the 23rd of Jan. UM, NO! We will be in Florida that week. So guess what, they moved us to Feb 13th.

I'm almost fuming, but not quite. I think it's time to find another doctor who can take care of her a lot sooner!

Hope to see you on Saturday sometime. I'll have my cell. If you can't make it, don't worry!! No biggie!

Pam said...

I too am grateful for so many of these things.

Tucker is an amazing little boy, who we think of often....even if I don't comment that much!!

((HUGS))