Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day of School

Today we dropped Tuck off for his first day of Early Education within the local school district. The bus was not available to pick him up until 745, making him late to school and Todd and I late to work, so we opted to drop him off until the bus is fixed that will run him on time. We didn't get to linger very long as Tuck didn't want us to leave. We needed to get out of there and let him bond with Ms. Prell and feel his way through the day.

This week will be tough. New wake up schedule, new school, new people, new things to learn in way of what to expect at school. Today we woke up at 600, got our showers and then got Tuck up. At 615 or so, Tuck was woken and taken to his booster chair for breakfast and video of Signing time. He didn't like this much as we don't usually have a set breakfast time and he is kinda everywhere when he eats. He ate about 2 bites of his granola bar and whined the rest of the time. I made him sit there the length of the video to give him ample time to eat his breakfast. I am hoping after doing this each day it will teach him to eat within that video time and that we SIT AT THE TABLE , not on the table, when we eat. We get dressed and out the door.

At 715 we headed into town, dropped Hunter off, then headed to Tuckers drop off. He was anxious to get to school but as soon as you walk in the front door and put him down, STAIRS!!!! UGH, he loves stairs and wants to go up and down them. First fit thrown....soooo, we get him past that and he heads down the hallway to his class. Give teacher the low down on him not eating and the rest of his breakfast is in his bag. Here's his cup, brought the binky because he will probably need it for the first few days as security....go to pull it out...CRRRRAP, no binky.

Todd and I head out. Todd leaves and I stand outside his classroom window to watch. He and Ms. Prell are on the floor, of course Tucker has already taken to getting everything out, including the play dough. She is fast picking it up and giving him a car to push. I snap a few pictures, with glare from the flash (don't know how to turn it off and don't want to cause too much of a scene as I am trying to be sneaky and not have Tuck see me) Then I head to the car.

I hope he has a good day and doesn't cause to much of a distraction, however I am expecting it for this first week or so. This is all very new to him. Once he gets all the new things down though I believe he will enjoy it as much as he does NEEC when he goes. Which, by the way, he will now attend NEEC 3 times a week instead of 2 and he will go after school, on the bus. :) I am anxious to see how the bus ride goes.


Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I am glad it went so well. He'll do great!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

What a big boy!!! I too hope he had a wonderful day and is excited to go back tomorrow!!! You will have to post and let us know how it went.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Aaawwww, such a big boy! He looked so happy in the car...hope you are doing ok momma with the big day! He is a big boy now:)

Rachel Dominguez said...

What a special day! I am so glad it went smoothe. I will be looking forward to how the day went.

It is tough for ANY kid to get up early. My kids are 13, 9, 7, 13mo and NONE of them like to get up in the morning to leave. But they cope and thier days are usually good.

Tuck will do just fine! I'm proud of him!!! Way to go Tucker!