Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Few notes of the last few days.....

I locked Tucker in the car yesterday...YUP, I cannot believe it myself. A little background. I had Tucker at work with me. Imagine, it is 400pm and I am ready to go, so is he...he has followed me around the office all day, no toys, wanting to be right under my feet. 4 o'clock hits and I am at the door heading to the car. ( I had been driving the van all week prior which the window controls are on the arm rest on the door-Brett had the Honda) So, I drove the Honda, put Tucker in the car seat and pushed the button on the door handle to put the window down, slammed the door closed. A LOT OF CUSSING LATER...the door lock is on the arm rest in the Honda not the windows, the window control is on the DOOR PANEL!! It wasn't too hot yesterday but Tucker was locked in the car seat, in the sun, and the car had been closed up all day....it was warm in there. I call 911, Todd and one of the guys from the plant to start working on getting something done to get Tuck. Tucker is calm at first...then he starts getting hot. I had started the car but didn't kick the air on because....I WAS PUTTING THE WINDOW DOWN I THOUGHT. The cops arrive with NO SLIM JIM!! We had managed to get one of the little side windows open for some air flow...NOT, it was such a small crack but something nonetheless to try with wire to get the door lock unlocked. Anyway.....15 min later we did get the car open. Tucker was screaming and hysterical by this time and I was ready to smash a window....a few minutes longer and I would have. I got home and it took him a good 1-2 hours to get rid of the red face and arms. Talk about a bad mommy moment. I had never locked myself out of a car let alone a kid inside one.

On another note, Tuck saw nutrition today. He lost another 5 oz. (probably from sweating so much last night...bad mommy bad!) She still isn't worried since he is walking all the time now and burning so much of what he eats. She will be back for the last and final visit on the 8th of September. Tucker loses his nutritionist because he goes into the school system and MO First Steps program ends then. His first day of school is Sept 15th. His teacher is Mrs. Pearl. I think he will do very well with the transition. He might have a tough time adjusting to a new wake up time but he will come around. He gets on the bus...YUP A BUS :) at 715. I am excited and scared all at the same time. Ask me in a few weeks how we are doing, I actually think Todd might have more emotional issues than me when he gets on that bus for the first time. It will definitely change the way our family is. Todd and Tucker both will miss the time they have one on one....but it will be nice to have some "normal" family time with all of us home and sitting down for meals.

That is it. I am looking frantically for a kitchen set....if anyone knows of one for sale. ABC is good. (already been used)


Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Haha! I am sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I kinda chuckled when I read this post.

Glad he is okay. No harm done! He was probably more upset that he had to be in the car while you hung outside.

You are NOT a bad mommy!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That would be pretty frustrating. I would have probably felt like breaking a window too.

I am happy that he is doing good. Things happen and unfortunately yesterday was your day. I have locked my keys in the car along with all of Kaden's supplies. I still don't remember pushing the lock button but whatever. That was enough to get me cussing, so I could just imagine how you were feeling. You are not a bad mommy, and I am sure Tucker was very forgiving.

Rachel Dominguez said...

Accidents Happen! You are not a bad mommy. I locked my oldest son (then age 2), now age 13 and he survived just fine. Tuck wont remember it and I'm sure, like me, it was a lessoned learned.

Your a great Mom and I know Tucker knows it. Keep up the good work! :)