Friday, July 10, 2009

OK....I know you have been waiting.

Nothing new today. Tucker pee'd out over a liter yesterday after measures were taken to correct the fluid overload. They continue to pull fluid now as well. He has tolerated the new machine, which by the way sounds like the paint mixer at the local hardware store. He is down to only 40% oxygen added to the machine to keep his sats at 95-100%. (we were at 100% oxygen on the machine and only having sats at 85-88 before all the fluid was lifted off him) By the way, when I say SATS, that is oxygen saturation in his blood stream. He should, now with the repair, be 100% like you and me. Before he ran around 75-80 percent which caused slow healing and his purple coloring.

Todd and I got out for a while since everything was pretty much the same here at the hospital....it is amazing how tired we get we have noticed. After sitting most days and just getting up to move positions or go down to EAT-which seems to be our favorite pastime, our bodies are feeling the weight.

Tomorrow we are having a visitor, Michele and a friend. Other than that we plan on being at the hospital and chilling out. Maybe finish the 3rd book of the Twilight series....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, thanks for the update. I know you must be worn out. It will be good for you to get out. I wanted to give you a scripture to think about. ( Psalms 94:19 When My anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.) The word consolations is translated to "Promises" This seen me through a lot of long days when sat with Aubra. Love you all and we are still praying. Mary Ellen