Friday, May 29, 2009

Close call with the "za"

Todd is working, Hunter is at a birthday party. SOOO, while I work on my sewing project I put in some frozen, ever so yummy, pizza. Tucker loves PIZZA! As soon as he saw the pizza come out of the box he was asking for it. "za" "za". No patience and no understanding that it has to be cooked. He says "cook" and signs it, but still doesn't understand the concept that it takes a REALLY long time to get that pizza so he can eat it. I turn on the oven light so he can see the pizza in there, I say "hot", he says hot and signs it. I tell him again, the "za" has to cook then we can eat. "k" he says. He stands there very patiently.....oh until I turn my head and go back to my sewing. Then I hear it....thud......no cries.....then a whale of cries. I jump up and look over the counter to see Tucker has pulled open the oven and fallen on the ground..THANK GOD!!! OMG, can you imagine had he fallen towards the oven. SO...note to self, have to find a latch for the oven....he just really wanted that pizza! And has since eaten 3 pieces so far.

I cant believe how fast the time has flown. The past few weeks, months, years have been kind of a blur yet slow...if that makes any sense whatsoever. Tucker has grown so much in the past year. He is 29 pounds now, I can remember him losing and gaining only to lose again for so many months. He is gaining on his own, no feeding tubes!!! I had to move him up to his size 7 shoes. He has really done some growing. I really need to measure him to get his exact height...maybe i can do that when he falls asleep tonight. He is saying more and more words. He fake cries now..I have to get it on video because it is hysterical! He sticks out his lip and everything, puts his face in his hands. I could go on and on with the little things that amaze me every day about him.

Last night we sat down with a reporter, one from the same newspaper that did our articles when we were pregnant with Tucker. It is amazing to go back and look at all we have faced throughout Tuckers life, the things that he has overcome. He continues to teach us every day. We were asked what ONE thing Tucker has taught us...... our answer. Appreciate the small things. I have learned this so many times.....I savor every little thing. I watch my son in wonderment....to watch him look at a book, stack a block, slide down a slide, play with other kids, I just cant express how much I love this boy! We all do.

These next few weeks are going to be so tough. I cannot imagine handing him over one more time to surgeons,,,,it weighs on our hearts every day. I know we have to but it doesn't make it any easier.

3 comments:

Zachery&Allie*Mommy said...

He was ready for pizza mom! I bet that did scare the living day lights out of you! Zachery has a habbit of sitting in front of the stove while I cook, I know that he likes to look at himself in the oven door, also he can smell the food cooking and he sets there and smacks his lips like maybe if i set here they will feed me:( I've been keeping Tucker in my prayers for his surgery, I can only imagine the emotions that you are going through!! Are you stil going to Chula on the 13th? let me know and maybe we can meet up.

kimk said...

Ive had those moments...kids...born to scare the poop outta their mommas!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

WOW, close call and how scary!