Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Today's visits...

We have an ear infection, a yeast infection under our arms and around the gtube site, and an eye infection...which very well could be from runny nose then rubbing eyes, or touching belly site then rubbing eyes.....who knows. So, $60.00 later we have medicine to make it all better. YEA

Cardiology appointment went well. I got to ask questions and Dr K actually wants to do a heart cath here to see the size of Tucker's left side of his heart. He said that IF the heart is adequate that Dr O'Brien, he did Tuckers last two heart surgeries, would probably recommend the repair and actually do it since Tuck doesnt qualify for the fontan. The only thing is,,,,,Boston's success rate is 95%. Mercy's isnt that high because they dont do them very often,,, again-do we want Tucker in the hands of a man who has done tons of them and has great success? Or a man that does them but not as often? I would LOVE to be at home and have the heart surgery...oh man would I. I have the utmost confidence in our surgeons here....butttttttt. I have to question why this procedure wasnt brought up earlier, why I had to bring it up, why it wasnt presented to me as an option here or in Boston either one. IF this is something that will prolong my sons life, why wasnt it brought up when we were told that the fontan was not an option. Why now do they decide they would like to look at doing it here?

So, this is where my reading into things comes in once again....maybe we didnt get tonsil surgery all these times because we were waiting on KC to come around to the fact that they should be doing these surgeries, maybe we are supposed to have the surgery here, at home close to family. I DONT KNOW....again PLEASE A BILLBOARD WORKS SO MUCH BETTER FOR ME. Then I dont get mixed signals and the message is clear. (I know I know...pray pray pray)

5 comments:

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

You really do put a lot of thinking into these things don't you. lol! I am sorry Tuck is sick again, seems you all can't catch a break. I am telling you, plastic bubble! lol!

If you want my two cents, and it's just the first thing that comes to me without over thinking it, GO TO BOSTON!

Talk to you soon!

Carey said...

Ooh, thats' tough. I have no advice for you, I don't know what i'd do. Keep praying about it, we are!

Brandie said...

thanks :)

kimk said...

follow what feels right for Tucker, dont worry about anything but Tucker's heart, everything else will work out...I never got the neon sign I prayed for, but lots of little things fell into place and when I looked at my options and set worries aside we did what made the most logical and wise choice...its hard, no one can do it for you, even though I bet you want them too.
praying everyday and supporting you in every choice! (((HUGS))) Kim and Will

Zachery&Allie*Mommy said...

What a hard decision for you... Dr. O'Brien did both Zachery and Allie's surgerys, which were common Zachery had VDS,ASD,PDA, which was open heart surgery, Allie just had a PDA ligation, which they went through her back, he is a good doctor which you know that, but that would be a hard decision, go with your heart, and what you feel is right for Tucker, I will prayer for you to, I know that as a mother you will make the best decision, which I know everyone can say that but it doesn't make it any easier on you!! Good Luck and keep me posted...one more thing, what Izzy n Emmy said I always said that about Zachery I'm going to put him in a bubble...bubble boy you feel that way after them being sick so much