Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Subject: FEET

Tonight our discussion was about how big Tuckers feet are. It seems they have grown without us realizing it. The note from PT on Friday was as follows: Thank you for sending sure steps in backpack. Tucker wore sure steps and socks only as he did not have enough toe room in his shoes for both.

UGH--imagine my embarrassment that the therapist had to tell me that the sure steps (these are braces for his ankles) do not fit inside his shoes anymore. I sent my son to school without shoes that fit!!!! We hadn't worn the sure steps for sometime because he has been doing so well without them. They are working on a balance beam at school and she asked me to send them as they provide him support during this activity. So I did...of course. Not even thinking about his feet growing out of the size 5 shoes he is currently in. They are fine without the sure steps, I thought anyway. Maybe I have been squeezing his feet, surely he would have let me know right.?? RIGHT??

So naturally today ,when I read this note, I went out and bought a new pair of size 6 shoes and a 7 to have on hand. (The 7's were clearanced for 5.00 so I couldn't resist the bargain.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have shoes for you too!

Carey said...

Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. I sent my daughter to school w/ green hair today ...

Ok, my daughter must be a monster, she wears an 8 or 9 and I think she's younger than Tuck right? I won't complain ... keep on growing kiddos!