Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just me.....

Gosh, where to start. It has been a busy week so far and it is ONLY Wednesday. Monday I got a call from Boston with a date of March 9 and 10th for testing and a surgery date of March 12th. Called and reserved a flight for Tucker and I, for $177.00 per person round trip…good enough deal…put the flight on hold until Friday. Next was a call to Midwest Airlines to inquire on Miracle miles to see if they had any available to help with flights-had to leave a message.

Later that day, got email from the surgeon in Boston with the answer to our tonsil surgery-the question being do we want them done before heart surgery. The answer is YES, if they are airway issues then they need to be taken care of. SO, I called the scheduler back and canceled the March dates because Tucker won’t be recovered from tonsil surgery by then (which is Feb 27th). I asked for a date in April that we can go and have testing done, April schedule isn’t available at this time but she will call me back next week when it does. Then I get the phone call that YES Midwest did indeed have some help for us on the March 9th flight date….DARN IT, I had to cancel it and she said to let her know when we reschedule and she will see what she can do. SOOO, our plans are to go with tonsils on the 27th, (keep good thoughts that we can actually get it done this time and not be sick again) recover and hopefully have the Mickey button out and healed by the time we go to Boston in April. Big agenda and close time frame.

Then, in between all of this. We are supposed to be having our hardwood floors redone in the house. THIS has been something ongoing since we moved into the house 3---YES 3 years ago. Had it set for the crew to come in on Friday, as in two days from now , to start and be out by Tuesday evening. We were going to my sisters or my moms for the weekend. I make a call on Monday to ensure we are still a go….and low and behold the guy from the floor company says he hasn’t verified with the builder that he is OK to do this. MIND YOU WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 3 YEARS. This will be the 3rd time this company has had to come out to redo some part of the floor and this time they are doing it ALL!!!! I have called every day and left nasty messages on the builders phone and on the floor companies phone…I am tired of being nice guy. So, you don’t get results you call the BOSS right……we will see what he will do. Just called and talked to him, he said if it was scheduled to be done this weekend he will make sure it gets done. Give him an hour and he will call me back.

And so we wait……

3 comments:

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

Glad to see some progress with the docs and I really hope you see progress with the floors.

You've been tagged too!

Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy said...

I am sure you are nervous and excited at the same time about the surgery. It is probably hard to reschedule when you get your heart set and your mind at ease with the date. I hope everything goes well. I sometimes wonder, after reading your first post about this surgery, if Ava would still be here if they would have done this for her. The main reason for her passing is because her shunt clotted off. If she would have had this surgery she never would have had the shunt. I know it is not good to second guess things and that God has His plan, but...

I hope everything is a go for the surgery at the end of Feb. and then you get one in for April. You guys are always in my prayers.

Tina Barrett said...

So glad to hear things are progressing. God's timing is so much better than ours. We were disappointed with our surgery schedules, but it turned out to be great timing for everyone involved. Trust that. Dr. del Nido is an amazing surgeon and certainly knows what he's doing!

We'll be praying for excellent health!

Tina & Anna