Thursday, October 02, 2008

#2 of 31-Getting Down

We didn't see Tucker's eyes for several days after he was born. This is the first picture, minus the one after birth, with his eyes open. Those eyes had so much wisdom behind them when they popped open that day. I can still remember it.
My son was born with Down Syndrome. One little extra chromosone that gives him extra special places in heaven and in our hearts. Some people believe that extra chromosone stands for "disabled" or "retarted". Us? We think it means the following things:
1. Extra love
2. Extra forgiveness
3. Extra kind
4. Extra hugs
5. Extra big heart
Tucker is a boy, a boy of flesh and blood, just like you and me. He has feelings, he eats, he drinks, he sleeps, he goes to school, he laughs, and giggles, he dances and walks--he is the same as us. Exactly the same...... I love my Superman.

2 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such a cute capture.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I love him too and I don't even know him other than on this blog.

He is such a super hero to me!

Rachel