Friday, December 22, 2006

Poem

I have been working on this poem for about a year and a half. I wanted to finish it for Todd for Christmas. I want him to know I love him and admire him for what we have gone through over the course of our marriage. We celebrated our 6th Anniversary last week...wow how the time has flown but not flown. It has been a challenge, a journey and a pain...but mostly rewarding. We both love our kids 100%, wouldn't trade any of them for anything (well on a good day anyway :) I hope everyone has a great Holiday, a safe Holiday and a Happy New Year. God Bless


Superman

Every time I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
Doctors’, nurses with my son
Please take great care
For as you see his little heart
Is in need of grave repair

Bless my son to have the strength
This battle he will win
For as he fights for his life
We are on our knees again.

This son of ours, our miracle
Has gone through so much
He is our gift from above
Our lives he has touched

Every time I close my eyes
I say a little prayer
Thank you God for this boy
A son all our own
And oh how grateful we are now
To see how he has grown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I checked anonymous, but it is me, Todd.

The poem is wonderful and it made tears fill up in my eyes.

How true it is. To see Tucker starting to be him true self, I know we were blessed with a miracle from above.

I love you, Toddie.